In order to maintain the energy supply for the city of Düsseldorf, a Siemens H-class CCGT power plant was built at the existing Lausward power plant site.
Decarbonization creates enormous challenges for industrial companies, which you have to overcome alongside your core business. Just as you have expertise in your day-to-day business, you should leave these important issues around CO2 savings to the experts.
This is where we come in and work with you to develop an energy study that can form the basis of your future actions and provide a real roadmap for you to reach your decarbonization goals.
It is our aim to give you everything you need to make the right decisions. You can only make those decisions if you know the scope of the actions required, and that is precisely where our energy plan comes to bear. Together, we define the framework conditions in which your decarbonization should be implemented. The key deliverables from this phase include the following:
- Preparation of a project brief describing the purpose, costs, schedules, performance requirements, and constraints of the project
- Identification of available options and evaluation against predetermined criteria such as relative costs, scalability, state of the art, cost-effectiveness, subsidy facilitation and environmental considerations
- Identifizierung der verfügbaren Optionen und Punkte gegen vorgegebene Kriterien wie relative Kosten, Skalierbarkeit, Stand der Technologie, Rentabilität, Erleichterung der Subventionierung und Umwelt-Erwägungen
- Handover meeting with our chief engineer
- Complete assignment of all rights to the ideas, so that you can then freely put out to tender the services defined in the plan
Your company faces the challenge of achieving climate neutrality in the supply of energy and media, e.g. electricity, heating, cooling, compressed air, etc. in the coming years. We will not leave you to face that challenge alone! Benefit from our experience and let us tackle this issue together. We will develop possible CO2-optimized energy study variants for you, which we will then study in detail with regard to technical feasibility, CO2 savings and economic efficiency. As a result, you will receive a well-structured, comprehensible concept analysis with clear recommendations for action to reduce CO2.
The ready-made packages are intended to give you an indication of the procedure and the possible costs. Of course, we put our entire know-how at your disposal and are pleased to compile customized packages for you.
Identification of actual situation
- Provision of a checklist for data collection
- Kick-off meeting by video conference to clarify detailed questions
- Evaluation of necessary basic data and compilation of forecast data in order to assess the actual situation and future developments
- Clarification of open questions (by telephone or in a video conference)
Concept evaluation and development of strategy
- Determination of technical plant data for the variants compared, using available key figures
- Estimation of investment costs of the variants compared with a total estimation accuracy of +/- 30% on the basis of available empirical values.
- Identification of potential funding opportunities and exemptions (e.g. the German laws and funding programs KWKG, BEW and KfW)
- Technical and economic assessment of the variants
- Development of a strategy with a maximum of 2 variants / alternatives
Documentation of results
- Presentation of the study in a video conference
- Clarification of the further procedure
- Delivery of the study in the form of a pdf document
All services from the Basic package, supplemented by
- Balance sheet calculations for the variants
- Creation of a schematic overview
- Rough setup/arrangement sketch to document fundamental feasibility.
- Establishment of a priority list for implementation of potential next steps.
Our satisfied customers:
Düsseldorf municipal utilities
Düsseldorf municipal utilities
STEAG is now building an innovative system for the part of the refinery located in the Gelsenkirchen district of Scholven, with the aim of significantly reducing environmental emissions and achieving greater efficiency in plant operation. STEAG will take care of the maintenance of the plants for at least five years after handing them over to BP, guaranteeing high availability. On March 18, 2019, the contractual partners officially signed the papers for this.
Only one year after signing the contracts, STEAG New Energies has handed over the new energy center of the Ford plant in Saarlouis to FORD. The new energy center with five combined heat and power plants (CHP) and a total output of 20 MW of heating energy and 22 MW of electrical energy was commissioned 'on time', 'in budget' and 'in quality'.
Erfurt & Sohn
Erfurt & Sohn
On January 2, 2018, we took over the complete generation of electricity and steam for the company Erfurt & Sohn and its wholly owned subsidiary German Paper Solutions at the main site in Wuppertal/Schwelm. Erfurt & Sohn is the world's leading company in the production of paintable wall coverings.
The new combined heat and power plant at Karlsberg Brewery with a capacity of around 3.4 MWel replaces the previous in-house power generation via a steam turbine.
We planned a comprehensive energy concept for the world's largest thermal spa, built all the facilities and now operate it. For example, a cogeneration plant with two state-of-the-art CHP units was built to generate its own electricity.
Trading & Optimization is STEAG's trading unit: It takes care of raw material procurement and trading as well as control and optimization of plants - for us and for external customers.
Process quality monitoring with the expert system SR::EPOS